Saturday 29 October 2011

Our Special Day

I am sharing the supplier review that I have posted in a forum where I was a member of (Weddings at Work or W@W). As they say, credit must be given where credit is due. I hope this would also help the bride-to-be’s and groom-to-be’s out there who, like us at the beginning of the wedding preps did not have a single clue what to do and most importantly, where to start.

For an overseas couple like us, the biggest challenge was the sourcing of suppliers. What we got was an OTD (On-the-day) wedding coordinator only. As the name implies, their role is to facilitate and coordinate the entire wedding activity/program only during the wedding day itself. Yes, we did have wrap up meetings before the big day but the most important task which is to hunt and book suppliers is left entirely on our responsibility. This means we didn’t have the luxury of meeting them face to face during negotiations. We had to rely heavily on e-mails and phone calls to do all inquiries and follow-ups. We were able to meet most of them only during the wedding day while the others, we never even got the chance to meet at all. My mama & papa had been very supportive all throughout. Whenever I ask them to do some ocular for me, they willingly do so. I limit this though, as I didn’t want to cause inconvenience to anyone – most especially to my parents. I also did not want to involve my in-laws simply because they were living outside Manila where the wedding will be held. To engage them in the preps is exactly what inconvenient means. My bridesmaids were also very eager to help but for us, the mere fact that they were willing to take a leave of absence from their work (our wedding day fell on Monday) is more than enough.

Another thing which I am sure everybody hates is to secure the important documents required for submission. Everyone knows that it’s such a hassle to get these things in Pinas. Ugh, I can still remember how painstaking it was to cross out, one by one, the items off our list as soon as we had it on hand.

Overall though, I had an absolutely great time doing the wedding preps. I am proud to say that everything and every supplier involved in our big day was the product of my own patient research. Of course, some were also because of w@w, so a big shoutout of thanks to the w@w community and my w@wie sisters! Habibi was there to help and give his opinions when needed. There were also a number of DIY (do-it-yourself) projects which I’ve done that made the details of our wedding even more meaningful.

The memories will always put a happy smile on our faces. From the preps down to the last minute of the wedding reception, we claim it as something absolutely perfect. Not because it was, because nothing really is – but because it’s our moment and it was the day when we were blessed to become one.

There are few posts in this blog which are dedicated to supplier ratings - with side-kwento of course!J Disclaimer: I am not paid to promote these people. That would be an insult because they honestly do not need promoting at all. Their works speak for themselves. I just wanted to share my stories and first-hand experience which was most often asked by friends. Unfortunately, I never really got the chance to talk about it in much detail. Addtionally, we hope to express once again how truly grateful we are to them for doing an awesome job on our special day. So read on and hopefully you can pick up something useful as you do.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment