Saturday 15 October 2011

Caterer: Kusina ni Kambal

I just love this caterer. In my w@w supplier rating, I referred to them as “the dark horse”. They were not our first choice. We had our heart set on another caterer (no naming names to be fair) and we actually booked them already. Mama & Papa loved their food and we already gave a go signal to book them. Bad news came informing us that they got kicked out of the accredited caterers from Oasis because of issues that they were not handing out left-over food. This is supposedly being given to the couple after the event. Out of all the food tasting they had, they liked KNK best. I was actually hesitant at first and I repeatedly asked if the other ones are not okay (the more popular ones that I always get to hear/read about). They said KNK was what they really liked among the rest, so I just trusted them and crossed my fingers.

Come wedding day, I forced myself to eat (like all other brides I was so giddy I can’t seem to eat properly) even just small portions of everything that was served to us so I can make sure that it tasted nice. For me, the food was superb! Also based from the comments from guests who were raving about how good the food was from the starter veggie salad down to the dessert, I was super happy with our decision to book them. As they say, one of the things that guests remember most during a wedding is the food that was served. We got very good compliments about how yummy and delicious the entire menu was.  The waiters were very nice and courteous too. They even assisted some elderly guests (even those not sitting in the VIP table). They brought the food on their tables so that they won’t have to wait in the queue. The couple’s table, backdrop and set-up that they made were all according to what we had discussed. Even though our final detailing was only a few days before the wedding, the outcome was great. It was simple but elegant - just the way we wanted.

I was surprised to see assorted pastries during the wedding day so I asked why it was included. KNK’s AE told us it was given to us as an additional freebie. I am such an easy-to-please gal so I almost kissed her when I said thanks. Did I just say I love this caterer?

Tips: Carefully take note of the package inclusions so that you won’t have to spend unnecessarily for items already provided for. For overseas couples like us, make sure that you are comfortable with your AEs. They will be the one whom you’ll communicate and follow up with so it’s advisable that you can work with them well.

Photo by Pau Aquino Bengero for Raymond Fortun Photography
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment