Thursday 25 October 2012

Queen City of the South: The Cebu Experience

The day before exploring Bohol, we toured Cebu: dubbed as the “Queen City of the South”. I have always wanted to visit this place out of curiosity but most importantly, to get the chance to personally see the Basilica de Sto. Nino. I asked a former officemate (thanks dai Gwynne! J) if she can refer a van-for-rent plus a driver who can also act as our tour guide. I heard that this was the most economical way of roaming around the city. As if truly meant to be, she informed me that this is the business of his cousin. She gave me the number to contact and I immediately called Kuya Sonny. He was very nice and gave us a very good deal too! When we arrived at the airport, we were immediately fetched and we started the tour right away. Wala nang patumpik tumpik pa! J
We were able to visit famous landmarks and tourist spots but I must say that these are my top three favorites:
Basilica Minore del Santo Nino
The church is beautiful, rustic and historically rich. We waited in line to see the image of Sto. Nino. I took a quick photo of mama while she’s whispering her prayers. I felt so blessed to have this experience.

 



Taboan Market
Days before our vacation, Habibi and I were already dreaming of eating Cebu’s most famous danggit. We were very eager to visit this so-called Taboan market because we were told that this is where we should buy dried fish. We couldn’t believe our eyes (and nose for that matter haha!). The place is literally flooded with all sorts of dried fishes, big and small. Even before we stepped outside the van, we can already smell the distinct salty smell. Here’s habibi happily posing beside the mountain of dried fishes before him:

 


CNT Lechon
They say you haven’t been to a place at all if you haven’t tried the food they are most known for. We requested our tourist guide to bring us where the best cebu lechon is. He drove us to CNT Lechon. I’ve read rave reviews about this lechon in the w@w forum. Brides who have listed lechon as part of their menu prefer to get theirs at CNT. Now I know why. It’s the best I have tasted so far. It’s so delicious you can taste the myriad of flavors in its meat. As in, super sarap. Even the skin is so yummy! Nakaka-guilty so we ordered some veggies too haha!



Daghang salamat for the experience Cebu! J

No comments:

Post a Comment