Saturday 13 October 2012

Pinas 2012: The Arrival

A 3-week vacation is never enough! Though it was too quick, we enjoyed every single day of it! Nothing beats being with the people you love. Generally, the weather was good during our entire stay in Manila/Laguna. It was rainy during the first few days but eventually, it took pity on us and gave us plenty of sunshine. The traffic is still horrible. It took us more than 2 hours from airport to reach our home in Valenzuela.

I will never forget an incident which took place when we were at the airport parking lot. My parents, habibi and I were merrily chatting when someone approached us. A blatantly gay "beggar" whom I suspect was about 16-18 years old. He was asking for some money. His exact words were: "Ate, Kuya, pahingi naman po ng kaunting tulong. KAHIT 10 DIRHAMS LANG po okay na po"

I was sooooo shocked (@_@). I stopped talking to take a good look at him and saw that his expression was so serious! Oh my, how could he have known the currency of the country we came from? That's when I realized that he must have seen our luggage tags! But then, what made me flip was that he named his price - 10 dirhams!!! Wow sosyal si Ate! Dirhams talaga ang gusto!
 
By the way, what's the airport management doing about this? Why are there so many so-called "porters" in the arrival area? As soon as you step out of the arrival gate, you literally get swarmed with people asking you to let them help with the luggages. It's not just annoying but it's also very, very scary! My mama had an awful experience at the NAIA airport because of these guys. She lost a baggage with some valuables in it. 

Oh well, and this was just the start of our 3-week Pinas adventure! Sweet! :)
 

 
Inside the Emirates aircraft, prior to take off from DXB to MNL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment