Thursday 18 October 2012

Lovin' Bohol Bee Farm 

I don’t know how else to describe our wonderful stay at the Bohol Bee Farm.  I must say this was one of our most memorable vacations so far. I’ve read a lot of positive reviews about this hotel but to actually experience what it has to offer is something different. From the exceptionally delicious food to the warm hospitality of the staff, everything was perfect. We stayed at the “Danao” room and look at the view from our balcony. It’s so serene I could stay here all day long:

 

 

Apart from the magnificent views, what I love most about the bee farm is that they organically grow the ingredients they use for their dishes. Just outside our room, we saw the assortment of herbs that they have. My mama and papa who both love gardening were drooling at the sight of the backyard. I bet my mama fought the urge to ask kuya if she can have some seedlings for free, haha!

 
I have to commend them for their creativity too. I never knew that bougainvillea is edible! Habibi ordered himself a pizza for dinner and here’s what was served to him:
 
 
 
Looks nice eh? Habibi said it tasted good too. Not to mention, the bread they use is their famous squash bread - a yummy and healthy combination! That was just a sampler tough. The real treat was when we had our breakfast (buffet). I tried to taste everything and our instant favorites were the squash muffin and the buco soup. Oh and by the way, here's the Lantaw Restaurant where we had our meal. Bongga di ba? J
 

 
My mama doing the Japan, Japan pose after having the sumptuous feast, kulit lang! Hehe. As if our bellies won't explode yet, habibi and I tried their ice cream for dessert. We were intrigued with the various flavors they offer - they even have spicy ginger. I wonder how that tastes like? I think we were not adventurous though, because we chose our favorite avocado. I promise to try either tomato or malunggay next time (Lord, please let there be a next time). J
 
 
Of course, a vacation would not be complete without shopping for pasalubong. The range of their farm products are unbelievable. There are home baked breads, honey, all sorts of tea (malunggay, guyabano, mango to name a few) and super delicious spreads too! I particularly loved the mango spread which was a perfect partner for their kamote bread. 
 

We marveled at the wide variety of homemade, 100%  pinoy products that they sell. Their souvenir shop is a tourist destination by itself. You can check out their website just to get a glimpse of these treats that I get so ecstatic about.
 
Overall, I must say that our stay in the bee farm exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend it especially to those who are considering having a trip to Bohol. You have to include it in your itinerary!
 

Happy bee-cation loves! J

No comments:

Post a Comment